Friday, July 31, 2009

Payday


Just a quick note on playing on paydays.

If you are playing poker today, the last workday of the month and also a Friday, you may notice that your normal games are playing at a frenetic pace that can be a little disconcerting.

Why?

Because everyone just got paid!

If you are playing anywhere up to probably the 1/2 level you are going to notice new faces, strange plays, stupid calls, stupid bluffs, more pre-flop raising and especially re-raising. Just all around crazy gonzo games.

You have to adjust.

Normally, when I'm at your table you're going to know it. My style of constant raising pre-flop can really get under player's skins, if they don't know how to counter-act.

Today, I started out playing my normal style but noticed that I was getting played back at constantly and that my raises were doing nothing to thin the field. I saw some of the dumbest plays I've seen in ages, then I remembered..It's PAYDAY! Even for people that collect disability or Social Security.

Everyone has money! And they are SPEWING!

Get to the tables, tighten up a bit and enjoy. You're going to get sucked out a little more but today is a great day to play poker! Have fun. Don't tilt. Then remember to keep track of your calendar and adjust accordingly.

Good Luck And Don't Suck

-QAsRevenge

No comments: