Wednesday, October 22, 2008

When The Gods Decide To Kill



As I said before, you will never hear me tell a bad beat story. Because nobody cares! Every poker player takes their share of bad beats. It's part of the game.

That said, days like today are the main reason I spend so much time talking about playing well within your bankroll.


The reason? Days like today just happen and there is nothing you can do.

For example: Today I was all-in going to the river six times with my opponent drawing to four cards or less. Twice drawing to one card. Guess what? I lost every single time. 6 buy-in's gone, even though in every hand I had better than a 9 to 1 advantage when the money went to the middle.

There will be times when you just can't win no matter what. So, the best thing to do is to shut it down, get some exercise, eat, get drunk, and have some sex. Poker will always be there, and by playing with less than five percent of your bankroll, you can go back tomorrow and resume playing. No real damage done.

Good luck and don't suck,


-QAsRevenge

PS-Don't forget to check out Thongs Of The Day!

No comments: